iced chai latte

While I like having a hot drink every once in a while, iced is the way to go when the weather is blazing hot. As I mentioned in one of my recent posts, one of my current favorite things has been homemade chai lattes.

I like that by making them at home I can save money & see exactly what goes into my drink! It's a great choice if you're a vegan like myself, because you can make it with non-dairy milk.

Iced Chai Latte
Serves 1

1/2-3/4 cup almond milk
1 bag of chai tea (I use Tazo's organic)
1/2 cup water, boiling hot
1/2-1 tbsp agave nectar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Ice

Fill a glass with ice, all the way to the top. Pour in your almond milk & vanilla extract.

In a mug, add your boiling water, agave & tea bag. Let it steep for about 5 minutes. When your tea is ready, pour it into the glass with the almond milk & ice, then stir for about 30 seconds to incorporate. Give it a taste & add more agave or almond milk if you need to. It's to taste, so customize it to whatever you prefer!

If you prefer coffee, use it instead of chai. Just use the same process! It's so good either way, & so easy.

Until next time! xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pale lily. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.